Working with ActionAid
Finance & Executive Co-ordinator
25 hours per week; 2-year fixed term contract subject to extension.
Reports to: Finance Manager / CEO
Location: Dublin 1
ActionAid Ireland’s strategy Realising Rights for Women and Children: ActionAid Ireland Strategy 2017-2021 priorities (1) realising rights for women and children (2) Mobilising resources (3) Being transparent and accountable. The Strategy was externally reviewed in mid-2019 and we have improved clarity on our focus for the next phase.
Role overview and key responsibilities:
- Provide assistance for the efficient operation of all aspects of the finance function of the charity. Ensure the proper maintenance of the financial books and records of ActionAid Ireland.
- Provide administrative, HR and governance support to the CEO.
- Overall responsible to complete all transaction processing in the finance systems in a timely manner.
- Completion to review stage of all key month end reconciliations (e.g. including bank reconciliation, income reconciliation, Credit card account, Petty Cash and payroll control accounts).
- Management of Accounts Payable.
- Monthly staff payroll processing.
- Monthly management accounts journal preparation (accruals/prepayments etc).
- Liaise with ActionAid International in relation to recharges and payments.
- Assistance with the Annual Report and external and internal audits.
- Assist the CEO with HR administration, including new joiner contracts and IT setup, interview scheduling and candidate liaison, inductions.
- Manage and administer all staff records for Annual Leave, Flexi leave and Sick leave.
- Be the point of contact for IT related queries for the organisation and liaise with GS IT and oversee external IT support for resolution.
- Assist with organising board meetings, liaison as necessary with board members and coordination of Board pack including coordinating all document updates from staff (e.g. Management Report, KPIs, risk register).
- Coordinate ActionAid’s compliance to various regulatory bodies such as CRO and CRA.
- Assist staff, board members and visitors travelling for work with hotel and flight bookings, security updates and pre-departure preparations, floats, meeting room booking etc.
- AA Ireland Security Focal point and main contact point for staff and all visitors to the ActionAid Ireland office.
- Monitor and oversee annual contracts renewals – e.g. insurance, IT support and maintenance contracts, travel insurance, etc.
- AA Ireland Focal point for AA International for IT, HR, Staff Security and Governance.
- Provide general administrative and governance support to the CEO.
You will have:
- Proven experience in a similar accounts’ assistant role for at least 12 months
- Experienced project manager and administrator
- A good working knowledge of double entry accounting.
- Computer literacy, Excel and MS Word skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills and the ability to work on own initiative and flexibly in a small team
- Qualified / part-qualified accounting technician or part-qualified accountant is an advantage.
- Experience using Sun and electronic payroll systems.
- Interest/experience in the non-profit sector/International Development.
- Experience of working closely with senior teams and Boards.
- Empathy and sound judgement
For full details of responsibilities and experience required please view Job Description Finance and Executive Co-ordinator
€32,000 – €36,000 per annum (pro-rata for part time) depending on experience.
10% employer contribution to pension after probation (subject to employee contribution of 5%)
25 days holiday per year (pro-rata for part time)
Flexible working options.
ActionAid welcomes applications from all sections of the community and we promote diversity.
Application: If you want to discuss aspects of the role please email email@example.com
Applicants should complete and submit the attached Application Form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9.00am, Monday 2nd March 2020