PROJECT COORDINATOR (part-time, based in our offices in Dublin 1)
Report to: Head of Programmes
Duration: this is a part-time role, lasting 3 months with an immediate start.
Purpose: ActionAid Ireland is seeking a Project Coordinator to work with the programmes team. You will be required to supervise and monitor our work relating to our programme against FGM/C which is located in Cork city.
You will also assist the programmes team with reporting and administration for our Women’s Rights Programme.
Essential Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in International Development, International Relations, Social Sciences or another relevant subject. Master’s degree would be an advantage
- Experience working on a programmes team within an NGO/charity
- Experience in research and report writing
- Strong commitment to women’s rights and social justice
- Excellent communications skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Problem solving skills and ability to manage own workload
- Ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines
- Knowledge of participatory approaches in development
This role begins immediately for a duration of 3 months. It is on a part-time basis with the expectation that you would work 3 days per week (21 hours).
ActionAid welcomes applications from all sections of the community and we promote diversity.
Applicants should send their CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Please address how you meet the criteria within the cover letter. Rolling submissions.
INDIVIDUAL GIVING MANAGER (February 2020)
Reports to: Head of Fundraising
Direct Reports: Donor Care Co-ordinator; Individual Giving & Campaigns Executive (50% fte)
Works closely with: Communications & Campaigns Co-ordinator; Finance Manager
- To work closely with the Head of Fundraising in formulating the fundraising strategy and agreeing overall fundraising targets
- To devise and implement plans in line with ActionAid’s acquisition strategy to achieve ActionAid Ireland’s growth of the core IG support base; to achieve agreed retention and supporter development targets; to optimise the balance of RG/CS, acquisition and restricted / unrestricted income in line with agreed targets.
- To lead the fundraising team and work collaboratively with the Communications, Programmes, Finance teams to achieve optimal outcomes
- To be networked and up to date on developments and trends (internally and externally) and to engage with peer groups to share and learn best practice
External: Third party agencies and suppliers
Internal: ActionAid Ireland staff and volunteers plus the broader AA International Fundraising, Communications and Campaigns Community
1. Adopt a strategic and evidenced based approach to fundraising planning
2. Build relationships with colleagues and peers to improve insights and learning
3. Adopt a feminist leadership approach to management and leadership
4. Oversee support on HR Administration for the organisation
5. Work effectively with the fundraising team to foster and to model a values-based, supporter-centric culture.
Leadership and Management
- To lead and develop a team of 3, enabling them to deliver key objectives and clear targets
- Adopt a transparent collaborative approach to planning and reporting, devising measurable KPIs to enable team members to be accountable
- Develop relationships within AA and externally to maximise content and collateral for AAIre.
- Develop and lead the implementation of the Acquisition plan across channels (Door/Sites; DM cold and warm, TV/radio with a sizeable focus on Digital)
- Utilise data and agree KPIs (CPA, ROI, …. tbd) across campaigns and channels; closely monitor results and adapt plans as needed – monthly and quarterly
- Develop supporter development / donor engagement plans in conjunction with the Donor Care Co-ordinator
- Develop and deliver fundraising campaigns
- Develop IG products
- Develop and oversee implementation of the Tax reclaim plan
Analysis and Reporting
- Timely analysis of campaign performance of IG programme and channels
- Manage external supplier agencies (creative, TM), institute and oversee contracts that maximise and protect AAIre reputation and assets
Governance, HR & Recruitment (IG Executive to complete most tasks)
- Oversee implementation of recruitment campaigns, induction/off-boarding for new staff and Board members
- Oversee implementation and sourcing travel arrangements for staff and visitors
- Oversee delivery of Board reporting pack schedule and related support tasks for Board meetings
- Oversee the management and administration of all leave staff records
- Oversee administration of Volunteer recruitment and induction
Experience, skills & attitude:
- Aptitude for Leadership and management of a small team – self-motivated, good communicator who engenders respect and support
- Expertise in developing and implementing successful Acquisition campaigns across channels
- Recognised fundraising qualification (post-graduate)
- Passionate and committed to the mission, aims and values of ActionAid
This profile sets out the current duties of the post, these may vary for time to time without changing the character of the job or the level of responsibility entailed. However, all role profiles are regularly reviewed and updated in line with organisational needs.
How to Apply:
Applicants should express interest via email to Siobhán McGee, firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 27th January at 9.00 am. Applicants should enclose a letter stating why they are interested in the role.
Volunteer with ActionAid
At ActionAid Ireland we always like to hear from people in Ireland who wish to give their time to support our work. The role would be based in the Dublin office as we do not recruit locally for positions overseas. If you are interested please drop us a line at email@example.com