Working with ActionAid
ActionAid has job and volunteering opportunities in its offices in Dublin and around the world. We’re looking for skilled staff who are committed to working towards a common goal to eradicate poverty and injustice and achieve gender equality.
ActionAid Ireland is seeking a Communications, Digital & Campaigns Co-ordinator for Maternity cover.
This is a fixed term contract for Maternity cover, starting in September 2019 to enable a comprehensive handover. To fulfill this position you will require the following:
Skills and attributes:
- A versatile writer with the ability to convey complex information in a user-friendly way
- Good media contacts and ability to identify newsworthy stories
- Strong project management skills and ability to work on own initiative, exceptionally organised with good time management skills
- Strong ability to work effectively as a team member and to collaborate across the organisation
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop effective working relationships with colleagues in other markets and other organisations
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong social media and digital skills
- Capacity to keep abreast of the changing political and sectoral environment
- Capacity to access, analyse and make appropriate use of relevant research
- Willingness to travel in Ireland and abroad if required
- Commitment to ending poverty, social justice, and equality
- Competence with MailChimp and Survey Monkey (or similar platforms)
- Experience with CMS systems, ideally WordPress.
- Outlook and Microsoft Packages – advanced level (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Experienced user of Google Adwords and Analytics
- Knowledge of design software and graphic design an advantage
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in a Communications and/or a Marketing-related discipline.
- A minimum of three years’ experience working in a communications, media or digital role
- Experienced and regular user of IT communication tools.
- A good understanding, interest in and experience of development issues and current affairs.
Applicants should complete the attached Application Form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org by 13.00 on Tuesday 16th July 2019
Salary negotiable, dependent on experience.
If you have questions in advance please email email@example.com.
Interviews will be held in Dublin on Wednesday 31st July.
Reports to: CEO, working closely with Head of Individual Giving and Head of Programmes
Works with: Donor Care team & ActionAid Ireland team; ActionAid Ireland chair and board; External suppliers: e.g. designers, web hosts, fundraising agencies, consultants; ActionAid International and other ActionAid teams; and selected other networks
Role Purpose: To support ActionAid Ireland to achieve its remit as set out in ‘Realising Rights for Women and Children 2017-2021’, and the three goals (a) Realise rights for women and children (b) mobilise resources (c) be transparent and accountable.
- Lead and implement a Digital acquisition strategy for CS, RG and Cash donors in support of ActionAid Ireland’s strategy.
- Create and deliver a Communications and Media plan to support ActionAid’s Fundraising, Public Engagement and Campaign strategies.
- Build strong loyalty and retention of ActionAid’s supporters through devising and implementing high-quality supporter communications.
- Build a strong identity and brand for ActionAid Ireland, implementing new communications strategy.
- Manage ActionAid global campaign in Ireland.
Acquisition and Supporter Development
- Implement the Email & Digital acquisition strategy, including through Facebook and other channels, and optimise website for donations, working closely with Facebook Executive
- Build profile to acquire new Cash donors and Humanitarian supporters
- Donor Journeys: devise and implement in conjunction with Donor Care Co-ordinator
- Supporter Communications: manage child sponsorship communications from field to supporters in conjunction with Donor Care Co-ordinator
- Draft content for Applications and Reports to selected Foundations, Major Donors and Corporates in conjunction with the Head of IG and Head of P
- Apply an evidence-based approach and use analytics to drive strategy.
- Work with Head of Individual Giving and supplier to deliver DRTV ads
- Approve all fundraising content to keep in line with communications strategy.
Media & Communications
- Create and manage content, design, publication and promotion of ActionAid collateral and online presence
- Ensure that ActionAid Ireland’s work and impact is communicated internally in AA, through online and other relevant channels
- Prepare and promote media statements, blogs and articles in support of ActionAid’s fundraising priorities and policy positions
- Ensure high standard communication outputs, meeting the needs of the target audience/s, within budget and in a timely fashion
- Build relationships with media (local and national), key decision makers (including politicians), and partner organisations and utilise then to promote AA’s work.
- Monitor media, current affairs and governance developments in the Irish and International context
- Meet the communications objectives of donor funded projects and programmes (events, reporting deadlines etc).
- Deliver AA events (i.e. Speech Writing competition, Public Engagement events for Women’s Rights programme, campaign etc). Work with fundraising team on donor events.
- Create the Annual Trustees Report and the Annual Review
- Ensure adherence to ActionAid’ global Identity, including language and style guide, image usage and design guidelines
- Represent ActionAid Ireland and engage in relevant AAI platforms
- Engage actively in AAI Communications networks
- Report to Board on ActionAid’s communications, campaigning and digital activity.
- Lead the development of ActionAid’s campaign strategy
- Engage with and implement ActionAid’s New International Campaign
- Manage the plan for Campaigner acquisition, training
- Manage and implement the Campaign Supporters journey
- Manage Campaigns Events
- Oversee the updating of Lobbying Register, and file the Lobbying Returns as required under the Lobbying Act
- Represent ActionAid Ireland and engage in relevant network / memberships (i.e. TJNI, DDCI, Dóchas)