Job Title: Fundraising and Communications Executive
Date: August 2021
Reports to: Individual Giving Manager (50%) and Communications & Campaigns Coordinator (50%)
Direct Reports: Occasional volunteers / interns
Salary: €26,000 (depending on experience)
The Fundraising and Communications Executive will be a key member of the Fundraising and the Communications & Campaigns teams; They will be focused on providing excellent project management, support and analysis to the Individual Giving Manager and to the Communications & Campaigns Coordinator, with the aim of increasing financial and other forms of support to realise ActionAid Ireland’s mission and strategy. They will contribute to designing and implementing projects, analysing campaigns and adapting plans based on evidence and experience.
Key Contacts: External: Third party agencies and suppliers
Internal: ActionAid Ireland staff and volunteers as well as the broader ActionAid International Fundraising, Communications and Campaigns Community
- Content collation and writing communications and fundraising materials.
- Adopt a dynamic and self-motivated approach, willing to work across functions and able to see the bigger picture.
- Interested to build relationships with colleagues and peers in other countries, and in the Irish INGO community.
- Contribute actively to plans development and responsible to directly implement agreed Fundraising acquisition and Communications and Campaigns plans.
- Work efficiently and effectively with the fundraising and communications teams by adopting a values-based, and supporter-centric working culture.
Individual Giving (reports to Individual Giving Manager)
- Copywriting: Conceptualising ideas; writing digital ads; writing email journeys and supporting fundraising asks; writing telemarketing scripts
- Support for Digital Fundraising including: Writing petitions and/or digital ads; creating website landing pages; writing supporting blog posts; monitoring social media comments;
- Co-ordinate and day-to-day management of Telemarketing campaigns
- Co-ordinate the Tax Relief campaign (marketing & administration)
- Co-ordinate Cold and Warm Direct Mail campaigns
- Co-ordinate the bi-annual ActionTimes Newsletter
- Assist with the delivery of fundraising campaigns as required, including sourcing campaign content, briefing agencies and managing day-to-day communications with agencies/suppliers/brokers
- Work closely with Fundraising team and help to bridge any gaps that arise in covering tasks
- Support the results tracking of all offline campaigns
Communications & Campaign (reports to Communications & Campaigns Coordinator)
- Support in the design, implementation, and delivery of the Communications Strategy which aims to build ActionAid Ireland’s brand as a leader in Women’s Rights
- Support in the design, implementation, and delivery of ActionAid Ireland’s advocacy campaigns
- Work collaboratively with allied groups to advocate for change nationally
- Represent ActionAid Ireland at global federation meetings relating to communications and campaigns
- Manage social and digital media content relating to campaigns, building on existing audiences and reaching new ones
- Collate information and write content for external communications and campaigns
Experience, skills & attitude
- Previous experience with project management and administration
- Passion for promoting human rights, social justice and international development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task; problem solver with sound judgement
- Experience of working with CRM systems / databases
- Ability to relate well to people
- Passion and commitment to the aims and values of the organisation
- Alignment with ActionAid Ireland’s commitment to promoting Feminist Leadership principles, see more here
Shortlisting and Interviewing
Interested Applicants should send an application form to Brigitte Frenkel – Brigitte.email@example.com
Application forms are available here or you can request one by email. Closing date for applications is Monday 19th July at 12 noon. No applications will be accepted after this time.
Interviews will be at the end of July and beginning of August via Zoom.
If you have any questions relating to the role, or working at ActionAid Ireland, please contact Brigitte Frenkel at the above email.
ActionAid Ireland currently has no voluntary or interning roles available.
If you are interested in volunteering or interning in the future, please email your CV to Brigitte.Frenkel at actionaid.org