Working with ActionAid
ActionAid has job and volunteering opportunities in its offices in Dublin and around the world. We’re looking for skilled staff who are committed to working towards a common goal to eradicate poverty and injustice and achieve gender equality.
Consultant sought for the mid-term review of Realising Rights for Women and Children: ActionAid Ireland Strategy 2017-2021
1. Introduction and Context
ActionAid is currently implementing a 5-year strategy Realising Rights for Women and Children: ActionAid Ireland Strategy 2017-2021. The strategy has three goals:
- Goal 1: Realise Rights for Women and rights for Children: work with grassroots community groups, movements and partners to realise rights for women and rights for children
- Goal 2: Mobilise Resources: To mobilise funds and supporters in Ireland in support of ActionAid’s social justice, gender equality and poverty eradication goals
- Goal 3: Transparent and Accountable: To ensure ActionAid Ireland is sustainable, accountable and meets the highest standards
A ‘light touch’ review is proposed to assist the organisation to assess its performance to-date and make recommendations for any adjustments. The review should consider ActionAid Ireland’s strategy from these dimensions:
- a. Progress in delivery of results under the objectives;
- b. Considerations looking ahead to the end of the current Strategy from lessons learned to date.
- c. General indications of any significant Trends in the external environment and within ActionAid internationally;
The point of departure for the review will be (a) to conduct desk research to assess progress against the three goals set out in ActionAid Ireland’s Strategy 2017-2021; (b) to conduct a limited number of interviews (or gather feedback through other means such as surveys) to verify and probe the findings of the desk review, and (c) present a report for Management (and Board) on same.
2. Review methods
The review will assess progress Management and Partners’ reports, gather feedback from staff and Board members, from colleagues within ActionAid internationally with whom Ireland works most closely and from Irish Aid.
Methods used will include a desk review of key documents, interviews (with selected groups or individuals), and surveys/ feedback forms.
Appoint consultant Mid-June 2019
Information gathering / test findings End June –July 2019
First draft report Mid-August 2019
Final report by 16th Sept 2019
4. Desirable Experience
Evidence of working at a strategic level within the international NGO sector, across public fundraising, institutional fundraising, public engagement and programming, with strategic experience in public fundraising especially important.
As well as practical experience (minimum 5 years), the consultant will have a qualification to Masters level in a relevant discipline/s.
Prospective consultants should be available to meet during the week of 10th June 2019.
5. Next Steps
Interested candidates should send (a) a Summary of their Proposed Approach (b) indicative costings, (c) names of Referees for similar work completed within the past 4 years, marked ‘Mid-term Review’ to: Siobhan McGee, CEO, ActionAid Ireland by email: email@example.com
Closing: 9am, Friday 14th June 2019
If further information is needed, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For international vacancies please click here.
Volunteer with ActionAid
At ActionAid Ireland we always like to hear from generous people in Ireland who wish to give their time to support our work. If you are interested please drop us a line at email@example.com.