ActionAid has been awarded €125,000 by the Irish government for its relief effort in Haiti, following Hurricane Matthew. In total, 2,128,700 people, 12% of Haiti’s population, have been affected by the hurricane, including 894,100 children. The funding will be used to provide emergency sanitation and training for the prevention of cholera; equipment and training for.....
- Loss and damage fund outcome at COP27 is a victory for people living on the front lines of climate disasters
- IMF austerity policies imposed in the Global South undermining Ireland’s aid budget and progress on education
- Irish government must commit to loss and damage as new report shows that climate disasters will damage women and girls’ human rights for years
- ActionAid calls for a feminist response to corporate abuse as new report exposes persecution and mistreatment of women in four communities
- It’s time for polluters to #PayUp4LossAndDamage