Photo: local women lead ActionAid’s Covid-19 response. Photo credit: Etinosa Yvone/ActionAid Global lockdowns and coronavirus restrictions have unleashed a shocking surge in gender-based violence (GBV) in countries across Europe, Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Latin America, as women’s shelters are shut down and countries divert funding to battle the pandemic. New research by ActionAid,.....
- Loss and damage fund outcome at COP27 is a victory for people living on the front lines of climate disasters
- IMF austerity policies imposed in the Global South undermining Ireland’s aid budget and progress on education
- Irish government must commit to loss and damage as new report shows that climate disasters will damage women and girls’ human rights for years
- ActionAid calls for a feminist response to corporate abuse as new report exposes persecution and mistreatment of women in four communities
- It’s time for polluters to #PayUp4LossAndDamage