ActionAid is hosting an Online Supporter Event via Zoom at 1pm on Tuesday 5th October 2021. While we work in 45 countries, this event will highlight some of the important work and change achieved by ActionAid Nepal.
Supporters and friends of ActionAid are invited to join and listen to our inspiring colleagues discuss Covid-19 and the impact their work has made in reaching 48,882 people through direct support and 14,468,791 people indirectly via mass media. This has included:
- 10,449 families reached with packages of food, which included rice, lentils, salt and oils.
- 7,086 breastfeeding mothers received packages of nutritious food for mother and child, including beans, multigrain flour and baby food.
- 8,165 sanitary pads distributed to young girls and women to manage their menstruation cycle with dignity during the crisis.
- 178,997 masks distributed to vulnerable families and front-line health workers.
- 17,327 Covid-19 prevention kits distributed.
- 10,301 PPE sets given to health institutions.
You can register for the event here.
Speakers at the event will include:
- Karol Balfe, our new CEO of ActionAid Ireland, will introduce herself and host the event.
- Sabin Shrestha, Sponsorship Manager, ActionAid Nepal, will talk about the work funded by Child Sponsors over the last 18 months and the ongoing campaign to combat Covid-19 in Nepal.
- Nisha Lama Karki, Women’s Rights Specialist, ActionAid Nepal, will discuss the impact of the Behaviour Change approach in ending violence against women in Nepal, which is funded by Irish Aid, Department of Foreign Affairs.
There will also be time to ask the team any questions you may have about Child Sponsorship, or our work in tackling all forms of violence against women.
How do I register for this Online Supporter Event?
If you would like to attend this special online event, please RSVP on Zoom here.
We look forward to welcoming you to this online event on Tuesday 5th October.
Pictured above is 23-year-old Shyani and her baby. Shyani received one of the packages of nutritious food. ActionAid prepared these packages for pregnant and breastfeeding mothers, so that they could keep their babies safe during the pandemic.